Get ready to see education
through a whole new lens
Regional Summits, hosted annually by each of the founding higher education partners, bring together learners from high school and college to generate ideas that transform their lives, their communities, and education itself.
Learners build essential skills and take charge of their education while institutions encourage and assess ideas for educational change.
Unbounded learning labs for the future
An important tool used across Regional Summits is design thinking, a creative, solution-finding framework rooted in learners lived experience and the experience of their peers.
Learners are also introduced to emerging and creative platforms that serve as additional tools to take an authentic position in defining what they need and how they want to learn.
Together, learners and educators are knowledge creators and change- makers whose work enables limitless possibilities for education.
Learners who successfully complete a Regional Summit develop a deeper understanding of themselves and their futures and take advantage of expanded college opportunities and benefits.
INNOVATIVE ENTRY TO COLLEGE
- College admission application fee waiver to multiple REP4 institutions
- Guaranteed college admission to multiple REP4 institutions
- Competition for full-ride scholarship to any REP4 institution*
- Early network and capacity building for college and career
ENTREPRENEURIAL MINDSET FOR LIFE AND LEARNING
- Strengthen self-concept: self-efficacy, agency, tenacity
- Build lifelong abilities: communication, problem solving, leadership
- Develop knowledge: design thinking, innovation, change theory
ONE-OF-A-KIND LEADERSHIP PORTFOLIO
- REP4 designer for educational change
- Develop and pitch REP4 ideas broadly
- Advise the implementation of REP4
- Serve as a REP4 mentor
- Gain professional references and supporters
- Continued iteration of personalized educational plan
Join the Movement
Learner cohorts for Regional Summits are identified through REP4 Alliance campus communities and by high schools and youth-serving organizations who have joined a Regional Partner Network.
Inaugural Global Learner Design Summit
Learners currently in high school and college are eligible to participate in the first Global Summit. This distinctive virtual cohort experience for first-generation college students was announced during the 2022 National Convening. Claim your spot by watching the playback and upvoting ideas.
“REP4 honed my own interest about changing the education system. This was a great opportunity to put my ideas into action – which I thought that the those within the system did not care to address. I hope that more student voices would be easily heard in the future. This is only the beginning of change and it is rewarding as a student to see that our voices matter.”
- REP4 Designer, Summer 2021